Ciao a tutti,
I hope you are all well and enjoying the approaching of the summer.
I am writing to you today consequently due to the last few days while I was out on a bike.Again, to remind you that I am not here to teach you rocket science.Those are vital points for you to enjoy the ride.
Then I start with a kind of shopping list in relation to the condition of your bike:
- make sure all the cable are tight;
- make sure the tyres are completely inflated;
- make sure the seat is in the correct and comfortable position;
- make sure your pedals are fitted properly;
- make sure you have a water bottle cage and it is tight;
- finally check that all the bolts&nuts are securely tight.
Easy,well you might think so,but I can bet that not everyone does check those things.
Next on the list are the following item to have with you:
- Helmet ( not to look cool & the part, but to SAVE YOUR LIFE);
- Portable Pump;
- Spare Inner Tube(Tubes);
- Puncture Repair Kit or just Tyre levers;
- some cash;
- bank card;
- rain or wind gilet/jacket;
- gloves are not essential(my personal opinion);
- mobile phone in case of an emergency(NOT for STRAVA segments);
- WILL POWER & BIG SMILE,you are cycling.
The other important points to enjoy riding is to be confident on the road,Confidence will only grow if you ride,it will not grow on its own.
A comfortable bike is a must, comfortable saddle or seat makes the difference.
Pain from cycling is temporary, Pain from saddle stays with you if you don't deal with it.
Remember also not to point your toes downward in your strokes, if you do that you not discharging correctly the power of your legs into the bike.Therefore try to keep them nearly as parallel to the road.It might be more beneficiary to you.
Remember,it does not matter how far you riding and how long for. But get out & you will definitely ride more of sitting in the sofa.
Have a good day.
BE SAFE,SHARE THE ROAD WITH OTHERS & LOVE EACH OTHERS.