Yellow Jersey – Bicycle and Travel insurance
We have teamed up with Yellow Jersey Cycle Insurance to offer you the best cover for your bicycle & travel needs.
As a customer of SaddleDrunk, we’re pleased to offer you a 5% discount on any and all policies. Get in touch for your discount code today....promocode... SADDLEDRUNK5
Yellow Jersey offer specialist cover for bicycles which includes all the standard cover you’d expect but also other key features like race fee cancellation, crash damage, wheel cover and even theft from inside a vehicle.
Yellow Jersey are the official supplier to the British Triathlon Federation as well as sponsors for pro teams and athletes alike.
Yellow Jersey also offer a 60% discount on all additional bikes after you insure your first so they are super competitive!
See below a short summary of the bike insurance cover and what it includes.
Bicycle Insurance Features
- Worldwide Cover as standard
- Crash damage while training and racing
- No increase in premiums if you make a claim
- 20% renewal discount
- Race wheel, pothole protection
- Race fee cancellation
- Theft (including from vehicles)
- 48hr transition cover
- Damage Cover in transit to bike or box
- £1000 bike box cover as standard
- £250 accessories cover as standard
- Optional clothing, helmet and wetsuit cover
- Roadside recovery
- 60% “multi bike” discount
- Family cover
- Available as short term or annual policies
We believe this is a comprehensive and very competitive policy from Yellow Jersey. If you claim it will not affect your home insurance, they do not increase your premium and they actually give you an automatic 20% renewal discount. Finally, the policy even includes a free YJ DNA+ forensic protection system worth £36.
Yellow Jersey also offer travel insurance
Why do I need a specific Cycle Travel Insurance?
In much the same way as you buy travel insurance for winter sports, Yellow Jersey provides travel insurance specific to cycle events / trips.
If you already have travel insurance, ask yourself two simple questions:
- Have I checked it covers holidays where the primary purpose is cycling e.g. a training camp or cycle tour?
- Have I checked it covers me if I’m taking part in an event e.g. a long distance sportive, a charity ride or a triathlon race?
A lot of people are unaware that travel insurance provided by their work or banks excludes claims if they come off their bike whilst on a cycling specific holiday. Some travel insurers will cover cycling if it’s an incidental part of your holiday e.g. you hired a bike for a day with your family, but not if the primary purpose of the trip is cycling. So if you were racing an Ironman in Austria, taking part in the Mallorca 312 or simply training with a group in the Pyrenees your normal travel insurance is likely inadequate.
Further, the EHIC card protection is only valid if you get taken to a state hospital in Europe. A lot of popular cycling routes and destinations in Europe have only private hospitals nearby whilst state hospitals are few and far between. No matter where you are or what type of cycling you will be enjoying, if you have cycle travel insurance with Yellow Jersey, you can relax and ride with complete confidence that you’re covered.
Since active people rarely confine themselves to a single discipline, Yellow Jersey annual policies also include a FREE Winter Sports Package worth up to £80.
Further info on bike insurance:
Why choose Yellow Jersey to insure your bike?
There are lots of reasons why you should get specific insurance for bicycles. These include:
- All claims are handled in-house and Yellow Jersey aim to get 95% of customers back on the bike in 14 days or less.
- Yellow Jersey cycle insurance claims will have no effect on your home insurance’s no claims bonus.
- Yellow Jersey do not you charge you extra at renewal if you’ve made a claim; in fact, you automatically get a 20% renewal discount.
- Yellow Jersey annual bicycle insurance even comes with a Yellow Jersey DNA+ forensic protection system, to help with theft prevention, worth £36.
Short summary of both:
Yellow Jersey Cycle Insurance offers a pair of complementary insurance products to cover all eventualities for training, travelling, riding and racing.
Bicycle insurance providing complete cover for your bike in the UK and overseas from crash damage and theft, to race fee cancellation and third party liability.
Cycle-specific travel insurance covering you for medical mishaps and repatriation when riding abroad, on top of all the features you’d expect from a standard travel insurer.